In order to achieve our mission, we have identified three strategic priorities to deliver over the next three years:
1) We will influence change
We will use our experience and knowledge to create a more supportive environment for young people. We will influence decisions and work collectively with our partners to secure changes to awareness levels, laws, policies, funding and more to advance our vision for the mental health of Ireland's young people.
We aim to:
- Communicate widely Jigsaw’s prevention and early intervention approach to youth mental health.
- Deliver robust research and evidence to better inform systems change and effective service delivery and to increase our collective understanding of youth mental health.
- Be a strong voice in influencing public policy and conversation, through an evidence-informed approach.
2) We will strengthen communities
We believe in a community-based, holistic approach and we cannot achieve our vision without the active involvement of, and engagement with, communities across Ireland.
In order to drive the change we see as essential in youth mental health we will inform, support, educate and empower a wide section of our communities, enabling a better understanding of our collective responsibility in supporting young people’s mental health.
We aim to:
- Increase awareness of the collective role of communities in supporting young people’s mental health and enhance the mental health literacy of the entire population.
- Improve our collaboration and partnerships with other services, to create a more integrated system of mental health care for young people.
- Build the confidence and competence of young people, their families, communities and other settings to support young people’s mental health.
3) We will deliver vital early intervention services
Our early intervention youth mental services are designed to be safe and compassionate spaces in and of the community. They offer quality care to a young person when and where they need it most.
We aim to:
- Provide an early intervention mental health service for 12-25 year olds in local communities that is accessible, visible, impactful, inclusive and timely.
- Evolve and enhance our Jigsaw services for young people.
- Open additional Jigsaw services so more young people can access the service in their local community.
- Develop e-mental health supports for young people, their families and those around them.