If something’s getting you down, or you’re worried about someone, it can be hard sometimes to know where to turn. Jigsaw Kerry is here to help.
Jigsaw Kerry aims to make sure that young people’s voices are heard, and that they get the right help, where and when they need it. Jigsaw Kerry forms part of a network of Jigsaw Services, delivering tailored, community based supports for young people’s mental health needs.
Jigsaw Kerry is an initiative which is part of a national network of Jigsaw Services. Jigsaw Kerry brings together community support for the mental health needs of young people aged between 12 and 25.
Jigsaw Kerry aims to involve the whole community in better supporting young people’s mental health and well being.
Jigsaw Kerry is working with our partner organisations to develop better links between community and mental health services, so that young people can get the support they need.
Involving young people
Our programme aims to develop better social opportunities for young people, and encourage them to be actively involved in promoting positive mental health. Our Youth Advisory Panel is central to this, and we are also developing peer mentoring and support programmes.
Jigsaw Kerry promotes positive attitudes to mental health in the county, and works with schools, The Institute of Technology, Tralee, and Youthreach centres to improve the support available to students. We also provide information and training to build the skills and confidence of everyone living and working with young people to recognise and respond to mental health needs.
Jigsaw Kerry is working in partnership with a range of organisations working with young people including:
- AWARE www.aware.ie
- Brothers of Charity www.brothersofcharity.ie
- Education Centre Tralee www.edcentretralee.ie
- Family Resource Centres
- Health Service Executive www.hse.ie
- Institute of Technology Traleewww.ittralee.ie
- Kerry Education Service www.kerrycoed.ie
- Kerry Life Education www.kerrylifeeducation.com
- Kerry Mental Health Association www.kerrymentalhealth.com
- Kerry Diocesan Youth Services www.kdys.ie
- Kerry Adolescent Counselling Service
- Kerry Local Sports Partnership www.klsp.ie
- Learning Initiative North Kerry, School Completion Programme
- Meitheal Forbarthna na Gaeltachta Teoranta www.mfg.ie
- National Educational Psychologist Service www.education.ie
- North and East Kerry Development www.nekd.ie
- South Kerry Development Partnership www.southkerry.ie
- South West Counselling Centre www.southwestcounselling.ie
Telephone: (066) 718 6785
- Monday 9am – 5.30pm
- Tuesday 9am – 5.30pm
- Wednesday 9am – 5.30pm
- Thursday 9.30am – 6pm
- Friday 9am – 5pm
Please Note: Jigsaw Kerry is not a 24 hour or Emergency service. Our phone and email services are NOT checked outside of office hours. If you need help outside of these hours, click here
Sessions are by appointment only.