Jigsaw Kerry is a free, non-judgemental and confidential mental health support service for young people aged 12 - 25 living, working or studying in Co Kerry. We provide guidance and support for young people who are going through a difficult or distressing time. We also provide advice and guidance for anyone who is concerned about a young person in their life.
Jigsaw Kerry is part of a national network of Jigsaw Services supported by Jigsaw, the National Centre for Youth Mental Health. Jigsaw Services aim to provide tailored community-based help for young people’s mental health needs.
Direct support for young people
Our service in Tralee, Co Kerry provides a welcoming space for young people to call in, get information or have a chat with a support worker. If a young person wants support, our staff are there to listen, without making judgements, and to provide supportive guidance. We also provide information and advice to anyone who is worried about a friend or young person in their life.
Our service is also offered in Killarney, Cahirsiveen, Listowel, Dingle. Call us for more information on availability for these locations.
Working with young people
At Jigsaw, we believe it’s vital to make sure that young people’s voices are heard. Our Youth Advisory Panel (YAP) represent us and take part in decision making at every level.
Working with the community
As well as directly helping young people in tough times, we want to work towards a community that is supportive of mental health and well being. Presentations and talks in schools, workplaces and community groups aim to open up a discussion on mental health and raise people’s awareness of the support that Jigsaw Kerry can offer.
Jigsaw Kerry is working in partnership with a range of organisations working with young people including:
- AWARE www.aware.ie
- Education Centre Tralee www.edcentretralee.ie
- Family Resource Centres http://www.tusla.ie/services/family-community-support/family-resource-centres/
- Kerry GAA http://www.kerrygaa.ie/
- Health Service Executive www.hse.ie
- Institute of Technology Tralee www.ittralee.ie
- Kerry Education and Training Board http://www.kerryetb.ie/
- Kerry Mental Health Association www.kerrymentalhealth.com
- Kerry Diocesan Youth Services www.kdys.ie
- Kerry Adolescent Counselling Service http://kerryadolescentcounselling.ie/
- Kerry Local Sports Partnership www.klsp.ie
- Kerry Intervention and Disabilities Service http://www.enableireland.ie/services/service-centres/kerry-childrens-services
- Meitheal Forbarthna na Gaeltachta Teoranta www.mfg.ie
- National Educational Psychologist Service www.education.ie
- North and East Kerry Development www.nekd.ie
- South Kerry Development Partnership www.southkerry.ie
- South West Counselling Centre www.southwestcounselling.ie
Telephone: (066) 718 6785
- Monday 10am – 6.30pm
- Tuesday 9am – 5.30pm
- Wednesday 9am – 5.30pm
- Thursday 10am – 6.30pm
- Friday 9am – 5pm
Please Note: Jigsaw Kerry is not a 24 hour or Emergency service. Our phone and email services are NOT checked outside of office hours. If you need help outside of these hours, click here
Sessions are by appointment only.