What is the Youth Advisory Panel (YAP)?
The YAP is an amazing group of young people aged 16 - 25 from the Dublin 15 area who are passionate about mental health. The YAP ensures that the voice of young people is at the heart of everything we do. Their role is to to represent Jigsaw within the community and to make joint decisions with us on the running of our service.
- Some examples of work the Jigsaw Dublin 15 YAP have been involved with include:
- Organising mental health awareness events including an art competition and a music festival
- Organising fundraising events such as a sponsored walk and Christmas caroling
- Promoting the service in the media by writing articles and creating a radio advertisement
- Representing Jigsaw at conferences, meetings and events
- Youth proofing policies, procedures and documentation
- Sitting on interview panels for potential new staff members
- Taking part in research and evaluation initatives including presenting at the International Association of Youth Mental Health Conference
How do I join the Jigsaw Dublin 15 YAP?
If you're aged 16 - 25, living, working or studying in the Dublin 15 area and have a passion for mental health we want to hear from you!
1. Read the full role description and see if the YAP is a good fit for you.
2. Complete the expression of interest form and return by email to email@example.com or by post to Jigsaw Dublin 15, 2nd Floor Blanchardstown Library, Blanchardstown Shopping Centre Dublin 15.