Have you donated to Jigsaw in the last four years? With just a quick signature, more funds could be supporting the mental health of young people across Ireland without you having to spend another cent.
How it works
The Government-approved tax-relief scheme allows charities like Jigsaw to claim 45% in tax back on donations, at no cost to our supporters whatsoever. All you need to do is sign and return a tax-relief form to us so we can claim the tax back.
Send your completed form to:
The Fundraising Team
Jigsaw – The National Centre for Youth Mental Health,
16 Westland Square,
In order for Jigsaw to claim tax back on your donations, donors must meet certain criteria. You must have:
- Donated €250 or more to Jigsaw in one year (January-December) in the last four years (2012-2015)
- Been PAYE in any of the four years, or self-assessed for donations made from 2013 onwards
- Donated yourself directly rather than sponsored a friend or taken part in a raffle or collection.
That means when a donor gives €250 or more in one year, their gift is worth at least an additional €112.50. If everyone were to send back their forms, we could unlock millions of much needed income to support the mental health of even more young people across Ireland. But we cannot do anything unless donors sign and return their tax back forms.
Following the 2013 budget, changes were made to the tax relief scheme on charitable donations. This means there are slight differences between 2012 and 2013 onwards.
Old tax scheme (2012 only): Tax-relief form (2012 only)
- PAYE taxpayers only
- Self-assessed claimed for themselves
- One form each year
- Claimable amount relevant to their rate of tax (standard or higher)
New tax-relief scheme (2013 onwards): Tax-relief form (2013 onwards)
All taxpayers (PAYE & Self-assessed)
- One form valid for five years (after which donors can opt-in to tax either by SMS, email or phone)
- One standard tax rate applies for everyone
How your tax helps
By simply signing your tax relief form, you can help us to support the mental health of even more young people across Ireland like Jonathan.
For Jonathan, visiting Jigsaw has helped him to rebuild his confidence. Jigsaw provided a safe place where Jonathan could work through his concerns, and identify ways to begin to look after his mental health.
For more information on how to complete your tax-relief forms, please contact Suzanne on 01 472 7054 or email email@example.com.