Jigsaw Roscommon open for referrals from Monday 11th July
June 30th 2016
From Monday 11th July, Jigsaw Roscommon will begin taking referrals.
Young people aged 15-25 will be able to access our free and confidential, one-to-one brief mental health supports, or will be supported in finding the most suitable local service for their individual needs.
Parents, Guardians and adults working with young people will also be able to contact us to discuss concerns they may have about a young person, and get information about the most appropriate support available.
An experienced mental health professional dedicated to supporting our young people in Roscommon…
We are pleased to welcome Noel Comer, who has joined the Jigsaw team as our Senior Clinical Support Worker based permanently in Jigsaw Roscommon. Originally from Ballyhaunis in County Mayo, Noel is an experienced mental health social worker who will be dedicated to supporting the mental health of young people in Roscommon. Noel worked for a number of years with young people at Boston Children’s Hospital in the US. Noel and his family now live locally in Roscommon Town, where he’s been busy preparing to re-open the service.
These preparations involve meeting with members of the community involved in youth mental health work, and with the young people on our Jigsaw Roscommon Youth Advisory Panel - All towards ensuring the service is ready to provide sustainable, safe and quality mental health supports for young people from Monday 11th July.
Thank you for your support…
Since the temporary closure of the service in February, we’ve been working closely with all of our partners in the HSE, local community agencies and the young people on our Youth Advisory Panel, to find a sustainable way of delivering the Jigsaw Service in Roscommon. Once more we thank you for your patience and continued support as we build our capacity to increase service provision and support for youth mental health across the county of Roscommon.
Contact details will be available at www.jigsaw.ie/roscommon from Monday 11th July.
- Ends –
For further information contact Matthew Oakes on 01 4727 010 or email email@example.com
- Contact details for referrals will be made available on www.jigsaw.ie/roscommon from Monday 11th July.Jigsaw Roscommon is based in the Primary Care Centre, Golf Links Road, Roscommon Town.
- The Jigsaw Service exists to support young people with their mental health. Evidence shows that most serious mental health issues in later life start from problems in adolescence, and that if young people get help to deal with issues early they can avoid developing serious mental health problems. Through our services we aim to:
- provide free and confidential, one-to-one brief mental health supports for young people
- build knowledge, awareness and capacity within the local community through workshops and training
- ensure that our young people get the right help through joined-up work with other service
- work with young people and their communities to give them a voice to talk about their concerns and find solutions that work for them.
Find out more about Jigsaw and our work at www.jigsaw.ie